The Juice Laundry bottles unpasteurized juice. Pasteurization refers to the process of heating a food or beverage with the goal of reducing the number of viable pathogens in the product. This heating process, however, also kills many of the beneficial vitamins, minerals, and live enzymes contained therein. Nevertheless, be advised: OUR JUICE IS NOT PASTEURIZED AND, THEREFORE, MAY CONTAIN HARMFUL BACTERIA THAT CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ILLNESS IN CHILDREN, THE ELDERLY, AND PERSONS WITH WEAKENED IMMUNE SYSTEMS.
We neither use nor store peanuts or peanut products of any kind. Some of our milks and smoothies, however, contain other nuts and/or legumes (including almonds, Brazil nuts, and cashews), and our facilities store a variety of other nuts and legumes. While we take great care to avoid unnecessary intermingling, anyone with serious allergies to nuts (other than peanuts) should use caution and consider avoiding the products we sell.
The Juice Laundry is not an organization of medical experts or certified nutritionists, and our staff cannot give you medical advice, a diagnosis, or a "diet" plan. Nothing in this website content should be taken as medical advice or diagnosis. We recommend that you contact a physician before you begin any change in your diet or any sort of weight loss plan. The Juice Laundry's cleanses are intended for the use of healthy individuals. We warn against the use of our cleanses by minors, pregnant women, and any individuals with preexisting health issues, including those taking prescription medications. If you have any questions about whether a juice cleanse is right for you, you are specifically warned to seek advice from a medical professional.
Statements made by The Juice Laundry, on this website or otherwise, have not been evaluated by the FDA, and our products are not intended to treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Always consult a physician before consuming raw, unpasteurized products and/or participating in a raw juice cleanse. Do not consume any product after the "best by" date on the packaging has passed.
- Consult your physician before cleansing if you have any preexisting medical conditions or are taking any medications.
- Keep juices refrigerated at all times. You'll be given up to 3 days worth of juices at one time; consume all of your juices by the "best by" date on the bottle. Do NOT freeze your juice in the glass bottles we provide; the bottles will explode.
- We recommend consuming your juices in the order prescribed, but it's your cleanse, so if you want to mix it up, go for it. The important thing is nourishing your body with all of the juice we provide.
- Drink the first juice when you would normally have your first meal and the last juice (or nut milk) about two hours before you go to bed.
- Drink plenty of water in between your juices.
- This should go without saying, but while cleansing, avoid all toxins, including cigarettes and alcohol, and preferably all caffeine. One cup of black coffee is okay if you absolutely need it.
- Depending on the cleanse level you choose, you'll consume approximately 1100-1300 calories per day on our cleanse. If that sounds low, realize that not all calories are created equal; focus on calorie quality, not quantity.
- If you normally exercise, feel free to keep doing so to whatever extent your body allows and feels comfortable with. We certainly don't recommend starting a crazy new training regimen while cleansing. If it's your first time cleansing, take it easy and listen to your body. A nice, easy yoga sweat is the perfect complement to a juice cleanse.
- Cleansing detoxifies your body; headaches and light nausea are totally normal as your body eliminates toxins that have accumulated. Consult your physician if you're experiencing what you think might be a more serious side effect.
- Ease in and out of your cleanse, eliminating -- or at least minimizing -- wheat, dairy, soda, coffee, liquor, processed foods, etc. This will make the transitions much easier on your body.
- A cleanse is not a diet (though it can help to jump start one), so please don't think of it that way. Focus on resetting your body, alkalizing your system, and breaking old habits.
- Cleanse for as long and often as you think necessary. Ask yourself what you want to achieve from doing a cleanse. If this answer is to just jump start a healthier lifestyle, start small. If you want to create a more radical transformation in your body, it requires more time and dedication. Some people find it best to cleanse weekly or monthly, others seasonally or annually. Find out what works best for YOU.
- HAVE FUN WITH IT! We think that a juice cleanse is a great physical and mental challenge, and that successfully completing one is an awesome experience. We hope you feel similarly after you've completed yours. Read more about the benefits of cleansing here.
We're committed to providing you with the freshest, healthiest, and most delicious products possible. We cannot guarantee cancellation of an order once it has been placed (especially orders that require immediate preparation). If you'd like to attempt to cancel an order that you placed within the last 24 hours, contact us (please include your order number) and we will do our best to accommodate your request. Contacting us within 24 hours to request cancellation, however, is NOT a guarantee that we will be able to cancel your order.
We generally do not issue refunds unless we made a mistake in preparing your order. If you really didn't like something, feel free to let us know, and we'll give you some suggestions for a more gradual approach to enjoying our products (and perhaps some store credit).